How To Change Your Car Oil
If it’s time to change your car oil, you can either schedule an oil change with the Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram service team or you can do an oil change yourself at your Escondido, San Diego home. Regular oil changes allow your vehicle to perform better on San Diego roads, and it protects your engine from unnecessary wear and tear. In this guide, we’ll go over how often you should change your oil and show you how to change your oil on your CDJR vehicle. Do you have questions about your specific vehicle and it’s oil? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
How Often You Should Change Your Oil
If you’re wondering how often you should change your oil, you should know that oil change frequency will vary from vehicle to vehicle. How you use your vehicle in Carlsbad and the oil that it requires will determine how often you should change it. Most CDJR service technicians recommend an oil change every 6 months or 5,000 miles to ensure that your vehicle runs properly on San Marcos roads, however, if you use high-quality synthetic oil you may only need an oil change every 12 months or 10,000 miles. This depends on your driving habits and conditions too, though. If you use your vehicle at high-performance frequently, go off-roading a lot, or live in an area where you experience extreme weather often, then you should change your oil more frequently. Consult your owners manual for specifics on when you change your oil, or contact our service team to hear their recommendation!
How To Change Car Oil
If you’re a DIY mechanic, then you probably want to save time and money by changing your oil at your Escondido, San Diego home. Follow the steps below to learn how to change your car oil with Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram.
- Before you begin, gather everything you’ll need to complete the oil change: A funnel (paper or plastic), a new oil filter, the proper oil for your car, and an oil collection pan.
- Use your vehicle’s owners manual to locate your oil pan and then place the oil collection pan underneath it.
- Carefully remove the oil plug and allow the oil to drain into the pan. This could take up to 15 minutes.
- After the oil has drained, remove the old oil filter and replace it with the new one. Make sure to rub some oil around the ring to promote a better seal. Finally, reattach the drain plug.
- Grab your funnel of choice and open your oil reservoir. Pour the new oil into your car and double-check the levels as you go to ensure you’re adding enough.
- Screw your oil reservoir cap back on and close your vehicle hood.
Have Your Oil Changed at Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
Learning how to change car oil is a relatively simple process, but if you prefer to have your oil changed at Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram we’re more than happy to help! Schedule an oil change online and then browse our service specials to get a discount on your oil change and other maintenance services. We look forward to hearing from you!