2018 Jeep Wrangler vs. 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
What’s the Difference Between the Jeep Wrangler and the Jeep Wrangler JK?
Have you seen both the Jeep Wrangler and the Jeep Wrangler JK on the market, but you’re wondering what the difference between the two is? Some key distinctions include:
- The Wrangler JK starts an MSRP from $23,995, while the Wrangler starts at an MSRP from $26,995.
- The Wrangler JK offers a half-door option, while the Wrangler does not.
- The Wrangler JK has eight models from which to choose, while the Wrangler has four.
- The Wrangler JK weighs 200 more pounds than the Wrangler, because its doors, hood, and windshield are made of lightweight, heavy-strength aluminum and steel, as opposed to pure steel
- The Wrangler JK has just one engine option, while the Wrangler offers two additional engine options, including a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that makes 270 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.
- The Wrangler JK reaches an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city and 21 mpg highway, while the Wrangler achieves an EPA-estimated 18 mpg city and 23 mpg highway (with an automatic transmission).
While there are a number of differences between the Jeep Wrangler and the Jeep Wrangler JK, the two models share many amenities and traits, such as:
- A 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine that churns out 285 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque
- Various top options, including no top, a soft top, a hardtop, and a body-color hardtop
- Jeep Performance Parts, which includes a wide range of accessories and packages like suspension lift kits, bumpers, rock rails, off-road light kits, and more
- Two-door and four-door formats
- Trail Rated badge, signaling their ability to tackle the toughest terrain
- Maximum towing capacities of 3,500 pounds
Find Your Ideal Jeep at Old Saybrook Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
You’ll find the new Jeep Wrangler, the new Jeep Wrangler JK, and various other Jeep models on sale at Jack Powell CDJR in Escondido. Contact our team to plan your visit to the dealership that San Diego and Carlsbad drivers trust!