How Much Can a RAM 2500 Tow?
Escondido, San Diego drivers often ask us at Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, “How much can a RAM 2500 tow?”. The 2021 RAM 2500 towing capacity is up to 19,680 pounds, which means it can easily haul your work trailer, boat, or RV. Learn more below about the RAM 2500 towing capacity and features, and then contact us at Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram to test drive a new RAM 2500!.
2021 RAM 2500 Engine Specs
Now that you know the answer to the question, “How much can a RAM 2500 tow?”, you’re probably eager to learn more about the RAM 2500 engines. Two potent engine options allow the RAM 2500 towing capacity to achieve such an impressiverating. Both RAM engines provide remarkable power on San Diego roads. The 6.4L provides a bit more horsepower, while the 6.7L has nearly 2,000 pounds more towing capability. Check out the 2021 RAM 2500 payload and engine specs here to get an idea of which engine is best for you.
6.4L HEMI® V8 Engine
- Horsepower: 410 and 429 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: 8-speed automatic
- Towing Capacity: 17,540 pounds
- Payload Capacity: 4,010 pounds
6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6
- Horsepower: 370 horsepower and 850 b-ft of torque
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic
- Towing Capacity: 19,680 pounds
- Payload Capacity: 3,160 pounds
2021 RAM 2500 Towing Features
The RAM 2500 includes some state-of-the-art towing features to complement its towing capacity and help you haul your heaviest loads safely and securely around Carlsbad. These are just a few of the incredible towing features you’ll enjoy:
- Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System helps track the tire pressure in your trailer and displays the information on your dashboard.
- Surround View Camera with Trailer Reverse Guidance View provides an extra set of eyes on your trailer while on San Marcos roads.
- BILSTEIN® Gas-Charged Monotube Shocks provides you with a bit of extra punch on challenging backroads.
- Front and Rear Locking Differentials offers you added security and peace of mind wherever you go.
- Auto-Level Rear Air Suspension with Bed Lowering Mode makes it easier to haul your heavy cargo with no problem.
- Gooseneck Prep Package with Rear-Axle Crossmember helps keep your trailer secured more tightly.
- Electronic Front Sway Bar keeps your trailer stable no matter what you’re hauling.
- 12,000 Pound WARN® ZEON-12 Winch attaches to your RAM 2500 to provide more secure towing in all types of conditions.
Test Drive 2021 RAM 2500 at Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Now that you’re familiar with the RAM 2500 towing capacity and RAM 1500 payload, if you’re ready to experience the RAM 2500 in person, visit Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. You can browse our extensive inventory of new RAM trucks online and even apply for financing from the comfort of your home. Curious about the RAM 3500? Compare the RAM 2500 and 3500 today!
More from Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
If you’re looking for a new SUV around San Diego that has enough space for both your passengers and cargo, as well as all the luxurious features you crave, the new Wagoneer is worth a look! The Wagoneer trim levels are some of the most impressive in its class, providing something for everyone in nearly…
The new Jeep Grand Cherokee L offers San Diego drivers the Jeep Grand Cherokee they know and love, but with a third-row, seating for 7, and increased dimensions. To get better acquainted with what the new Jeep L has to offer, read our Jeep Grand Cherokee L overview to learn about its highlight features. Then, contact…
Whether you’ve got your eye on the RAM 1500 Laramie® or the RAM 1500 Big Horn®, there are plenty of 2021 RAM 1500 trim levels to explore at Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. How do these configurations differ? Take a look at our comparison of the RAM 1500 trims below, and be sure to drop by Escondido, San Diego to…